Experiencing financial problems during the summer can be tough, especially when you’ve got one eye on day trips, barbeques, and making the most of the sunshine. Fortunately, items scattered around your home may be more valuable than you might expect and can provide you with the cash you need to enjoy the summer to the fullest. And then once you’ve generated those extra funds, you may want to consider opening up a no fee bank account to make it go further and avoid costly fees. But for now, let’s take a look at five things you can sell to generate extra cash during the summer months right now.
- Sell your skills. Do you have any valuable skills that you can trade in for cash? If so, now may be the time to monetize them. Maybe you’re a talented guitarist, know a foreign language, or have specialist culinary skills that you can share? You can make a great deal of money by training others to develop new skills, and the internet and social media have made it much easier to advertise your skills? Why not think about turning your knowledge into hard cash?
- Trade in baby clothes and toys. If you’re a parent and your child has outgrown their toys and clothes, why not put them up for sale today? Cash-conscious parents frequently look to save money by snapping up second-hand items in order to avoid paying out sky-high prices for brand new goods, and chances are you’ll be able to find a buyer within a minimal time frame.
- Exchange your books and records for cash. If your bookshelves are full of titles that you have already read and are unlikely to return to again, why not see if you can transform them into extra cash? While many titles won’t generate a huge amount of money, rare or out-of-print books can be more lucrative than you expect. The vinyl boom has also made it easier to sell old records for cash, take a look in the attic to see if there’s anything particular sought-after in your collection, such as limited edition releases.
- Put old electronics up for sale. Do you have any vintage computing equipment like game consoles? Many iconic machines and games from the 1980s and 1990s have vast cult appeal and have become more sought after over time, with many parents introducing them to their offspring. There are many places online you can show off your old gaming equipment and make more than a few dollars.
- Flog your furniture. It’s incredibly easy to make money from new and old furniture online, and there’s always a market for chairs, side tables, coffee tables, desks and much more. As long as your items are still functional, there’s a big chance you will be able to swap it for much-needed extra cash. More and more people are restoring their old furniture and selling items they have made themselves to boost their income.