It is not easy to build a successful business; you need to put in time, money and effort in order to ensure that your business is growing in terms of revenue and sales. Marketing has always dominated every industry. Without adequate marketing, it can become difficult to grow the business, marketing can help you take your business to new heights and will also allow you to enter new and uncharted markets. The traditional form of marketing had a limited reach and was expensive. With the advances in technology, it has been replaced by digital marketing that targets the audience in an engaging manner. There are various strategies that are used in digital marketing. It totally depends on your long-term goal and the industry you operate in.
Pay Per Click Advertising
Pay per click or PPC is a form of advertising your business by generating clicks on your website. Most consumers tend to use the search engine to look for business and products. When they search for a product using a particular keyword, the relevant businesses are shown at the top of the results. It is a form of driving traffic to your website through the use of relevant keywords which are related to your products. This is not organic traffic, it is paid traffic and the advertiser will pay a certain amount to the publisher every time the ad is clicked upon. It is an effective strategy that can be applied to your marketing campaign. You need to follow the best PPC practice in order to ensure the high return on the investment you make. Falcon Digital Marketing Services offer professional assistance in building a marketing campaign using PPC.
Steps to Building a Successful Campaign
Here are a few important steps you must take if you want to build a successful campaign.
- Set your goal: The first step is to determine the objective of the campaign. Your objective will help you create and drive the campaign successfully. You need to identify the business objective and keep the same in mind when you plan the strategy for PPC. It could be an increase in website traffic or increase the sales of the website or lead generation. You need to create a campaign that will meet your goals.
- Pick a platform: There are multiple platforms for you to choose from. You can choose a social media channel or a search engine. The strategy should be planned accordingly. If you are just starting out, you should choose Google since it is considered as the most powerful platform for the campaign. Majority consumers use the Google search engine for their purchases, if you have a well-placed ad on Google, your website traffic will increase. You can use Google Adwords, which is an advertising interface of Google to build a campaign.
- Target the audience: Before you set out on creating a campaign, you need to consider who the target audience it. The campaign can be planned accordingly. There are two forms of targeting, one is geo-targeting, where you can target the consumers in a specific location or area and the second is device targeting where you can target consumers based on mobile device or desktop. This will ensure that your ad reaches the right people in the right manner and it will increase the chances of clicks.
- Research keywords: One of the most important tasks in PPC is to research and use the right keywords. If you have not picked up relevant keywords, your ad will not be displayed on Google and you might not be able to generate a higher ROI. It is important to research for the right keywords to go into your campaign. You can create a list of keywords at the time of planning and you need to refine them from time to time in order to ensure that you are removing underperforming keywords.
- Ad text: You cannot simply put the keywords in the ad and expect high website traffic; you need to place an ad text which will be displayed with the ad. It is a form of marketing where you can promote your products and services. Use an attractive keyword for the ad text and ensure that it is easy to read and looks appealing. The quality of the campaign will depend on the ad text and will convince the users to click on the ad.
- Schedule the ad: It is very important to schedule the ad in order to make the most of the marketing strategy. You can choose to show the ad on specific days at a specific time or you can choose to show it when a consumer searches for your product. The ad will have a different result on different days and hours. Hence, look at the days when there is a maximum response in terms of website clicks and schedule the ad accordingly.
- Work on the landing pages: When your ad is clicked on, the consumers will be driven to the landing page. For Google, the quality of your landing page is very important in determining the ad quality score. Landing pages that have bad quality content or is not easy to navigate will not improve your business. If you have a website that is under construction, then click on your ad will not make any difference to your business. You need to give an attractive and user-friendly landing page to your consumers. Add a call to action buttons and allow the consumers to make a quick checkout.
- Filter all the negative keywords: If you have any negative keywords in your ad, it will prevent the consumer from viewing the ad. You need to identify that keyword which you do not want your ads to show up for and replace them with quality keywords. You can make a list of negative keywords as it will reduce the cost of running the ad and will filter out traffic that does not convert. It will help generate a higher ROI and reduce the cost per click.
- Monitor the campaign: Once you have created a campaign and it is up and running on Google, you cannot sit back and wait for the business to grow. You need to monitor the campaign from time to time and analyze the data generated through it. You need to keep a watch on the campaign of your competitors and see how they are converting the leads. There is ample of information available for you through the campaign. You need to analyze it and work on the same. If you notice that certain keywords are not performing well, you need to replace them with quality keywords. Further, you need to keep working on the landing page and make every attempt to improve the user experience.
- Make use of Google Analytics: You can monitor the performance of your campaign through the use of Google Analytics. It will give you an insight into the behavior of the consumer and will provide you detailed information about your site. You will be able to track the conversion rate and it will allow you to optimize the campaign to generate higher income.
The aim of every business is to generate income and increase the sales. However, it is easier said than done. You need to take all the essential steps to build a marketing strategy that is aimed at your target audience and will fit within your budget. Digital marketing is a cost-effective form of marketing that reduces your expenses towards generating awareness about the product and reaching out to the consumers.
Pay per click has been used by many businesses across the globe and it has shown higher results for one and all. It is important to remember that PPC is not something you establish once forget about it. You need to work on it constantly in order to refine the campaign and to improve the results. If you are dedicated to building a successful campaign, you will be able to achieve a higher ROI. It is possible that the consumers who click on the ad may not purchase anything from your business but it is also possible that they purchase and give you a huge profit. PPC can help build an online presence where consumers know about your products and services by navigating through your website. The trick is to use the right set of keywords and to refine them from time to time. If this is your first campaign, you might find it difficult to research for the keywords; in this case, you may hire an agency to help you build an effective campaign. With years of experience and expertise in the field, the skilled team will ensure that your campaign has a higher ROI and helps you achieve the long-term business goals. The amount you pay per click will vary according to the keywords chosen by you and the way you place them in your campaign.